PDPTA'07- The 2007 International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications
Monte Carlo Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA (June 25-28, 2007)
PDPTA'07 is an international conference held simultaneously
(ie, same location and dates) with a number of other
joint conferences as part of WORLDCOMP'07 (The 2007 World
Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and
Applied Computing). WORLDCOMP'07 is the largest annual
gathering of researchers in computer science, computer
engineering and applied computing. Many of the joint conferences in WORLDCOMP are the premier
conferences for presentation of advances in their respective
fields (for the complete list of joint conferences Click Here).
- Scalable Data Management Applications and Systems
- Parallel/Distributed architectures: Clusters and parallel systems of various topologies, supercomputers, shared memory, distributed memory, general- and special-purpose architectures, instructional level parallelism, ...
- Parallel/Distributed applications: Numerical computations/methods, neural networks and fuzzy logic, medicine, remote sensing, computer vision, computer graphics and virtual reality, parallel/distributed databases, banking, financial markets, high-performance computational biology, ...
- Networks and interconnection networks: Scalable networks, reconfigurable networks, routing issues, general-purpose network performance for distributed applications, network protocols, internet technology, optical interconnections and computing, novel network topologies, ...
- Reliability and fault-tolerance: Software and hardware fault-tolerance (system- and application-level), fault diagnosis, fault-tolerance measurement.
- Building block processors: Applications of processors that can be used as basic building blocks for multicomputer systems.
- Real-time and embedded systems: Small-scale parallel systems for high-performance control, data acquisition, and analysis; configuration, routing, scheduling, performance guarantees, ...
- Parallel/Distributed algorithms: Algorithms exploiting clusters and general-purpose distributed and parallel systems, new vector/pipeline issues, shared memory, distributed memory, virtual memory, ...
- Multimedia communications, systems, and applications: High-speed networking, multimedia architectures and protocols, multimedia applications, quality of service support, operating system and networking support, internet tools and applications, audio/video delivery over the internet, ...
- Software tools and environments for parallel and distributed platforms: operating systems, compilers, languages, debuggers, monitoring tools, software engineering on parallel/distributed systems, ...
- High-performance computing in computational science: intra-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary research programs and applications.
- Performance Evaluation and Management of Wireless Networks and Distributed Systems
- FPGA-based design
- Performance analysis, evaluation, prediction, ...
- Nanotechnology in HPC
- High-performance Mobile computation and communication.
- Object oriented technology and related issues.
- Scheduling and resource management.
- Petri Nets: theory, analysis, tools and applications.
- Web-based simulation and computing.
- Recent history (last decade) of parallel/distributed processing and what to expect during the next decade if history repeats itself; new horizons.
- Other aspects and applications relating to high-performance computations.
- Emerging technologies
The motivation is to assemble a spectrum of affiliated research conferences into a coordinated research meeting held in a common place at a common time. The main goal is to provide a forum for exchange of ideas in a number of research areas that interact. The model used to form these annual conferences facilitates communication among researchers in different fields of computer science, computer engineering and applied computing. Both inward research (core areas of computer science and engineering) and outward research (multi-disciplinary, Inter-disciplinary, and applications) will be covered during the conferences.
The last set of conferences (research tracks in Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications together with affiliated events) had research contributions from 76 countries and had attracted over 1,500 participants. It is anticipated to have over 2,000 participants for the 2007 event.
You are invited to submit a draft paper of about 5-8 pages (see details about Submission of Papers) and/or a proposal to organize a Technical Session / workshop. All accepted papers will be published in the respective conference proceedings. The names of technical session/workshop organizers/chairs will appear on the cover of the proceedings/books as Associate Editors.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to,